Updated: May 18, 2019
by Tschanna Taylor, Content Writer | I AM Kingdom Brands
What do you spend your day doing? I’ve asked several people that question. What surprised me was not the uniqueness of the answers I got, but the absolute consistency of them. No matter who I was speaking with, the answers were always exactly the same. Meetings and emails.
How can we possibly get ahead and be successful if we’re spending our time doing mundane tasks? Productivity is not about doing more on your to-do list. It’s about ensuring what’s on your to-do list is worth your time in the first place.
Productivity requires a massive amount of focus on things that will grow your business. Do you ever find yourself looking at your to-do list, and saying to yourself, where do I begin? We’ve all been there. With this said, optimizing the use of time is very crucial for entrepreneurs.
Here are 5 tips to increase productivity for entrepreneurs.
1. SET METRICS. Goal setting is effective in every aspect of your business. These goals do have to be written down and kept somewhere you can look at regularly. Put your goals into concise steps using the “SMART” system (Specific, Measurable, Action-Oriented, Realistic and Time-Bound). Once you’ve defined your short and long term goals, you’ll want to create a list of possible strategies to achieve the results you’re looking for.
2. SET BOUNDARIES. To avoid work burnout and dissatisfaction, establish firm boundaries by taking breaks, limit your accessibility on weekends, being clear, direct, confident and respectful when you communicate your boundaries.
3. COUNTERACT PROCRASTINATION. Procrastination is fueled by fear, lack of confidence and disorganization. Beat procrastination by building up new habits that make you get tasks done, scheduling in time to do the things you’ve put off. Don’t allow distractions to take you off focus.
4. GROW FROM THE ACCOUNTABILITY EFFECT. Create accountability by joining a group of like-minded entrepreneurs where you share plans, ideas and goals weekly, bi-weekly or monthly meetings. You can also gain this same effect with a one-on-one accountability relationship.
5. OUTSOURCE BUSINESS TASKS. Outsourcing business projects are easier than ever and definitely, has benefits to hiring an employee. You can find freelance professionals with I AM Kingdom Brands that are eager to do any project you may have. You’re busy. We get that! Let us handle your products and services so that you can spend time on other tasks that must be completed.
To increase your productivity, you will have to think about the changes to your routine that you want to do on a daily basis. Time management is important and worth it. The completion of a project, writing your next sales pitch or developing a strategy for a new business idea requires intense focus. Adding in the right productivity tips to your day will give you a greater advantage.
You don’t have time for wasting time. So be more productive.
Contact I AM Kingdom Brands today to chat about how we can help your business.