by Tschanna Taylor, Content Writer | I AM Kingdom Brands
Your success – personally and financially (entrepreneurially) is your responsibility as a human being. Unless you are from a rich family, you should not settle for mediocre performance. You should learn to challenge yourself, break bad habits, and eliminate any limiting beliefs.
As a small business owner, you only have a finite amount of time to get things done each day. I am certain that you have an endless amount of things to get done.
Here are 7 tips for improving productivity for success:
1. HAVE A VISION. The desire to achieve great success and create something significant is a human trait. Just living by the flow and not knowing where you’re going is an effective way to waste your time.
Remember you only get 24 hours in a day. So ask yourself this question. What is your vision? If you are undecided, dig deeper and think about what you really want. Begin by assessing yourself to the very core. When you were a kid, what were the things you were passionate about? What are your individual strengths? This will help you form an idea of how your vision should be. Also, consider your weaknesses and other limitations. You can’t paint a masterpiece without looking at the smallest imperfections. Decide how you will fix any weaknesses or limitations. Determine how your vision can benefit others. Take note that a person only looking out for his own success is selfish and will fail. The answer is simple.
Consider plans on how you will give back to those who helped you along the way. Lastly, write your vision down on paper (Habakkuk 2:2). After you’ve completed these steps, your vision should be clearer to you now. The entire picture may not be perfect and there may be a lot of missing details still, but execute your vision and move forward. Having a vision will only lead you to not only short term success but to a series of positive changes that ultimately leads to long term success.
2. CHANGE YOUR HABITS. Productivity is the result of consistent effort. In order to have the willpower and motivation needed to be consistent with the amount of effort you exert for productivity, you must eliminate counterproductive habits while enforcing new ones. Habits have a powerful influence and can take a long time before they become observable; however, good habits are a guaranteed way of doing something for a long time and getting cumulative results. Ex. Read a minimum of two chapters a day to keep your mind sharp. Ask questions for understanding. Ask for feedback, and take 5 minutes every 90 minutes for yourself.
3. ELIMINATE FEAR. Fear is often the sole reason why people don’t achieve what they are capable of. When the fear of something outweighs the pleasure of it, no progress is made to reach it. Use the incredible motivating power of fear. It will force you to achieve things that you would never achieve otherwise.
4. STAY OFF OF SOCIAL MEDIA FOR A DAY. Sometimes the brain can be on information overload. If possible, try and at least stay off of your personal accounts. For business accounts, you should set aside time to schedule pre-populated messages and respond to inquiries rather than checking those items constantly.
5. IDENTIFY OPPORTUNITIES WHERE YOU CAN GET ASSISTANCE.
As small business owners, there’s no point in spending time on tasks that an expert can help you with. Contact us at I AM Kingdom Brands for your services such as social media marketing or branding deliverables so you don’t have to spend time manually taking care of those items.
6. SAY NO TO OPPORTUNITIES THAT DON'T FIT THE MISSION. Taking on too many projects can cause feelings of being overwhelmed, burnout and stuck moments. When you discover that these projects don’t fit your business's main purpose, be okay with saying no to partners, clients, and other collaborators.
7. ENJOY YOUR PROCESS. Life is short and there’s so much to get done. It’s easy to get overwhelmed when you realize how much work needs to be done in order to achieve your goals. No matter how far you have to go, always maintain an optimistic outlook and remember to enjoy your process. A life of consistent progress and achievement means very little if you never stop to smell the roses along the way.
Contact I AM Kingdom Brands today to chat about how we can help your business.