by Tschanna Taylor| Content Writer, I AM Kingdom Brands
Webster’s Dictionary defines innovation as the introduction of something new or a new idea, method or device. Every day, innovators in business create new products, ideas, methods and/or procedures. Innovators look at problems differently and create solutions others cannot, all while providing value to their companies. Innovation is a key component required to run a successful business.
Developing new ideas is necessary to keep your business up to date and fresh. Below I will share innovation tips for encouraging you to develop new ideas and concepts including innovation resources that could help you stand out from competitors, meet customer needs, build value for your brand, establish new partnerships and relationships, and grow in leaps and bounds.
Here are a few ways to encourage innovation in your business.
1. Do not reinvent the wheel. While it is true that some visionary leaders have created something new making them a household name (ex. Steve Jobs or Elon Musk), for the remainder of entrepreneurs, the reality is different. Capitalize on ways to improve existing products and services by solving customer problems instead of focusing on being the next Bill Gates.
2. Make time for innovation daily. Schedule at least an hour a day, four to five hours a week to brainstorm and exercise creativity by establishing goals that stimulate improvement in your business through techniques such as vision mapping.
3. Invest in innovation. Purchase technology and equipment that can improve your business operation. Whether you are a new company planning to launch into a highly competitive marketplace or a 10-year old company whose brand is stuck in the past, I AM Kingdom Brands can simplify the process for you.
• Graphics Designs
• Church Branding
• Individual Branding
• Small Business Content Creation
• Small Business Social Media Marketing
• Startup Brand Development
Here is a list of resources that can assist:
1. Social Media
I AM Kingdom Brands - Every business owner knows you need to be on social media. But actually following through requires proven strategies that produce results. Try out I AM Kingdom Brands for your social media ROI.
Google Analytics - To know how well your marketing efforts are succeeding at converting leads, you first need to know how and from where your audience is accessing your website. Google offers tools that help small business owners determine what is working in your marketing plan and gain insights on traffic directed to your website.
QuickBooks - For simple, powerful accounting, I recommend QuickBooks. From tax accounting to payroll, profit analysis, and inventory management, QuickBooks is the one-stop-shop that offers a lot of functionality in a single accounting app.
It’s normal to want to maintain the same or use methods that worked in the past. In reality, the status quo only works for so long. Being innovative takes a lot of hard work. But, if you want to thrive and stay ahead of your competitors, it’s an essential part of being a small business owner.